Winter in my UpperLeftUSA kitchen.
Start with fresh winter steelhead of quality blackmouth salmon for this winter version.
Recipe depends on the amount of people you’ll be feeding.
Let’s go ( lots of people will tell you fresh it best and their correct - but vacuumed seal salmon or steelhead will work just fine ) not that said - let’s get busy
If using fresh -
1. Cut into fillets
2. Remove skin followed by all bones
3. Cut your fillets into 1 inch strips
4. Season to your liking
5. Coat with your favorite tempura ( if homemade I use either
Cornstarch or Tapioca starch
2 egg whites do not use the egg yoke.
6. Ice cold water - mixing all ingredients slowly adding water to your liking - if to thin add more starch an if to thick add more ice cold water.
7. Fry in your favorite cooking oil until golden - still part shouldn’t take to long. 8. Add chips, fries with a healthy salad.
Well there you have it - enjoy!